Avantidrome - Home of Cycling, Cambridge, Waikato
Delivered previously through LHTDesign by Toby Mason.
Prior to setting up CREATE, Toby Mason acted as the lead technical designer for the new Avantidrome in Cambridge, Waikato. The project was delivered as a design and build project with Livingstone Builders, following the successful national competition.
The aim was to deliver a high-performance cycling venue and form the new headquarters for Home of Cycling NZ.
The project was delivered on time and within budget.
Key project features:
- 250m High Performance indoor cycling track - UCI Category 1.
- 4,000 capacity seating (1,500 permanent).
- 120m x 77m clear span light weight roof.
- Cycling support facilities.
- Arena - 6000m².
- Bike NZ Offices -1800m².
- Community Office, Retail & Reception - 800m².
- Multi-use infield (including; Indoor sports, Functions, Events etc.).
Client: Home of Cycling
Location: Cambridge, Waikato
Role: Lead Consultant Engineering
Toby Mason (Director), Technical Lead and Specialist Design
(formerly through LHTDesign)
Formerly Chief Executive
Home of Cycling Charitable Trust
CONTACT US to discuss your project ideas.